Saturday, May 29, 2010

Everyone has a favorite movie snack.  Popcorn, nachos, pretzels, Raisinettes... For me, it's the semi-sweet chocolatey goodness covered in a slightly crunchy “snow”.  That's right, Sno-Caps.

Oh, glorious Sno-Caps.We must save our Sno-Caps.

My younger cousin today asked me what Sno-Caps are, and I told him, “They're chocolate chips covered in white crunchy stuff,” which is, of course, an over-simplification.  What they truly are is perfection.  Chocolatey, crunchy perfection.  He tried some and he liked them, which I'm glad.  What red-blooded movie lover can resist the Sno-Cap?

But I fear for the future of Sno-Caps.  This delicious movie treat isn't found in stores, like Whoppers, Raisinettes, and Reese's... No, it's exclusive to theatres and movie rental stores.   I haven't actually seen Sno-Caps in a theatre for years, and as movie rental stores close down, the Sno-Cap is becoming ever more elusive.  There could be a future where the Sno-Cap becomes extinct; startling, I know.  We have all these campaigns to save water mammals, and to save forests, but who's going to save the Sno-Caps?

They don't even make On the Go packs anymore... Do they even make Movie Packs anymore?

For just $2 and tax, you can help save the Sno-Caps.  Go to your local movie rental store.  Think big chain; the smaller ones never carry the good candy.   Buy Sno-Caps.  Maybe make it a movie night while you're there, but that's up to you.  If you spot that new release you've been dying to see, why not pick it up?  But the important part is you do not forget the Sno-Caps.  Not only does the purchase give the retail movie chain money so maybe they won't go out of business, it's sending a message that you're pro-Sno-Caps.  I do it, and I rent my movies online.

Imagine a future without Sno-Caps.  Are you willing to risk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment